Getting Essay Writing Help Online: Wise Choice or Tragic Mistake?
“The purpose of learning is growth, and our minds, unlike our bodies, can continue growing as long as we live.”
– Mortimer Adler
Over the course of the past few years, we have seen quite an interesting phenomenon taking place all over the Internet. As technologies become more advanced and available, more and more students start thinking about how the Internet can help them do their homework effectively, making their learning process in general and essay writing process in particular much more enjoyable.
Some students utilize technology to obtain extra help with subjects and topics they are struggling to understand. They sign up with online tutoring services and ask for expert tutoring help of professional instructors. Others use these services to get assistance in preparing for upcoming tests and exams. However, there are those who prefer to use the Internet to have their essays or other papers written by others.
Online communities and forums such as Yahoo! Answers or Ask.com are filled with numerous homework help requests and pleas. Moreover, many online tutoring service providers today are offering to order homework from them and purchase homework online at a reasonable price.
Naturally, we can’t put all the blame on these services, since where there is a will, there will always be a way. Thus, as long as students want to purchase homework instead of doing it themselves, there will always be those who are willing to provide this kind of help to them.
So, why do such services exist? The reasons can be many:
- Students lack time to do all of their writing assignments;
- Students lack incentives and motivation to write papers;
- Being overwhelmed with homework, students are forced to prioritize;
- Schools don’t teach students important essay-writing skills;
- Students lack understanding of the subject to complete their homework effectively;
- Students do not receive enough one-on-one time with their teacher and personalized instruction which makes doing homework a real challenge;
- Students want to be supervised while doing their homework.
These are just some of the many reasons why students prefer to order homework from expert online writers and tutors.
What can be done to prevent this?
- More parental involvement can help make students more disciplined and decrease homework-related stress;
- Student need to be taught effective homework-doing strategies and time-management skills;
- If a student seeks online writing help, this process should be closely supervised by an adult;
- Parents have to participate in the process of choosing an online writing service provider and have the last say.
This brings us to another question: “how to choose a reliable and effective online writing service that can provide your student with real help?”
Here are some important tips to consider when choosing a custom writing service:
- Writers’ qualifications. This is always the number one priority. Take your time to learn as much as you can about what writers work for this particular service, what expertise they have, which requirements they should meet. As a rule, this information is available on the provider’s website along with writers’ profiles and rating. If not, feel free to request in directly from the writer.
- 24/7 availability. This one is important if your student does not have a fixed homework-doing time.
- Technical facilities. If the service is technically advanced, your student is more likely to receive comprehensive help and have it customized to his or her learning style and needs. Every good online writing service should be equipped with convenient and easy-to-navigate whiteboard where tutors and students can exchange their ideas regarding the writing assignment using convenient writing and drawing tools. Check out this resource to compare different online writing services and choose the one that fits the needs of your student best – http://online-tutoring-review.toptenreviews.com/
- Wide choice of writing options. A wide range of writing options makes it easier for a student to find the solution that can meet all their needs. Don’t trust services that offer to write your paper for you in a short time and at a low price, since such help is usually limited to providing low-quality unoriginal papers that any teacher or professor will turn down in a split second without much consideration.
- Round-the-clock customer support. There can be different technical, financial, and educational questions and issues that need to be addressed in real time. Choose the service that offers 24/7 support to its students and their parents.
- Student-writer communication channel. The only way to ensure your paper will be perfectly crafted and meet all your requirements, is to keep a close eye on the writing process. Choose the service that can offer you regular feedback and support.
If your student feels constantly challenged by their writing assignments and you lack resources to help him, hiring a professional online writer might be the best solution. However, before you make up your mind, do take your time to carefully consider the abovementioned tips!
Want to help your student improve their essay writing techniques? Check out these links to see how you can help!
Here you will find some interesting ideas on how to make writing less work and more pleasure for your student. Simple but powerful tips on how to write a five-paragraph essay – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwjmMtTVO1g.
http://www.nclor.org/nclorprod/file/e3476e91-6740-d289-c98d-fce107874ddb/1/157685521X.pdf – this helpful manual is designed to teach students how to make their paper writing process more organized.
http://www.uhv.edu/StudentSuccessCenter/study/pdf/tips.time.mgmt.2.pdf – here are some effective time-management tips to help your student stay within his writing schedule!