It is recommended to approach this stage after you have chosen the proper topic and analyzed it in details.
Brainstorming is another key issue in developing your essay topic. Brainstorming definition in writing generally describes a process of a very intensive mental work when you must think of and note down all ideas and associations concerning the topic that appear in your mind. Of course, you’re not going to use every single one of the things you’ve written down. However, even the idea that seemed crazy or meaningless at first can later become a brilliant move. Read on to find out how to brainstorm ideas for writing great essays.
Effective Brainstorming Techniques for Writing Essays
Brainstorming essays ideas, as is actually for anything else, is better done in a group. However, the method described below can be likewise effective even when you are the only person in the room.
- Start with asking yourself a lot of questions like “Who?”, “What?”, “Where?”, “When?”, “Why?”.
- Write down everything that comes into your head without evaluating the idea as being good or bad. Do not try to structure the notes in any case at this stage of brainstorming for an essay, just note down anything that you can imagine.
- Then, read the list carefully. Now try to find the words that have something in common thematically and unite them together using some special symbols. For example, use a circle around all the words referring to the same ideas.
- See how they correlate with the topic. If you can see the way it can be applied, try to make up a topic sentence out of the keywords belonging to one group.
- Then do the same for the second group and so on – structuring the senses in this way is the best essay help you can get yourself.
- After this, use the sentences for an outline of your essay.
Brainstorming in essay writing is not so easy. The simplest and most affordable exercise is to choose a topic and to write at least 10 ideas, related to it, every day. However, if trained and developed on a regular basis, it will help you a lot not only in essay writing but also in a business context where decision-making techniques and the art of coming up with the most unusual, creative, key ideas are of primary importance.
As soon as you have a proper topic, analyzed it, and got a list of ideas, you are ready for the next stage.