The first and the most important step in writing an essay is topic analysis and defining those aspects that should be covered in the future essay and in what way the outline must be developed. The task seems very difficult. However, if you consider any topic carefully, you will see that it usually has clear clues of what you should write and how you should do it.
So, in order to retrieve all the information from your topic, follow the action plan below:
- Read the topic carefully.
- Underline the key words.
- Explain the topic in your own words, but using the underlined keywords as well, to yourself.
- Try to answer the question “What should I write? How should I write it?”
- If you cannot answer, you might try to choose other keywords.
Need Writing Help?
You don’t get to choose your problems. But you do have a choice of how to solve them. Essay-Writing-Tips.com is arguably the best academic problem solver out there! Let us prove it right now.Order Now
Study the following essay topic:
What type of company would you most like to see built in your home town or city. Give reasons to support your response.
Now consider the underlined keywords. Reformulate them in your own way, for instance:
I must write about the company I would be happy to see in my city and explain the reasons.
Now create an outline:
- Introduction.Brief outline of the city, mentioning the possible sphere for a company.
- First supporting paragraph.Explain why this company is good for the city.
- Second supporting paragraph.Explain how you personally can benefit from this company.
- Concluding paragraph.Brief summary of what has been said and a clear opinion formulation.
Any topic can be analyzed in the similar way. So, try not to be nervous, focus on the topic and decode it. This will give you a clue for the next stage.