Anthropology, Economics, Geography, History, Law, Linguistics, Politics, Psychology, Sociology, Philosophy.
Social sciences may be called the ones that are the closest to an average human being, for they concern what every one of us deals with most often: human society in its different aspects.
It is a vast field for research and study; actual writing on these topics is generally more verbal, than that on natural or formal sciences. One can think about a great number of interesting and suitable topics at a glance; here you can see a short list of them:
- Neurolinguistic programming – how much truth is there in it?
- Stratificational analysis of the English pronunciation.
- Cockney – history, development, features.
- Speech portrait of a person.
- Laissez-faire capitalism vs. big government.
- Nash equilibrium as the main principle of the game theory.
- Game theory in political science.
- The study of human-animal interaction throughout the history of mankind.
- Modern heterodox economic theories (feminist economics, green economics).
- History and development of the Austrian School of Economics.
- Gestalt-psychology, its development, major ideologists and application.
- Forensic psychology – cooperation between psychological science and law enforcement systems.
- Philosophy of language – the history of term and its meaning.
- Nanny states and the reason of their appearance.
- Sherman Antitrust Act as the beginning of the end for the laissez-faire capitalism in America.
- Ayn Rand as the prophet of the world economic crisis.
- Neuromarketing – the meaning behind the term.
- The interdependence of national spirit to geographical position.
- Usage of music in treatment of mental disorders.
- Philosophy of science.
Social sciences let us study the most interesting part there is to study: ourselves, and let us understand how little we know and how much there is still to be known. Don’t hesitate to avail of the topics presented above or invent your own ones along the same lines.
Social sciences are very convenient for the ones who look for an interesting topic, for they leave a great field for generalizations, cross-disciplinary analogies, usage of the principles of one science to the object of another one and so on.
Let your imagination wander and your are sure to think about an excellent topic of your own. Originality is one of the most important things in this field, and it is good, because it is achieved rather easily, if compared to other sciences.
If you want to see peculiarities of writing in this subject field, you are welcome to the Social sciences section.
Useful tips on topic definition can be found in Topic selection section.