Astronomy, Biology, Chemistry, Earth Science, Physics, Environmental Science.
The term “natural sciences” unites all the branches of science that deal with natural world and approach it from the point of view of naturalism. It brings together such different spheres of knowledge as astronomy and chemistry, biology and physics.
It means that there is a vast amount of materials that deal with almost everything we encounter in our lives and things we will hardly ever encounter. Here we mention just a short collection of interesting topics in natural sciences that may be of use for anyone who has to write on them, irrespectively of the academic level he is at now:
- Astrobiology – can science be such without a subject matter?
- Proofs and disproofs of the Big Bang Theory.
- The integumentary system of human as natural biohazard suit.
- Changes in the crystal lattice of metals under the influence of high temperatures.
- Tectonic movements – how the Earth’s face changes.
- Impact of chemistry on the history of humankind (move chronologically, from using poisoned arrows and leather making to the discovery of elements and internal combustion engine).
- Is photon more like a wave or more like a particle?
- Greenhouse effect, global warming and Climategate – whom should we believe?
- Is it possible that oceans still hide unknown species of living organisms of considerable size? (mention colossal squids, coelacanth, etc.)
- Depletion of Ozone Layer – reality or falsification?
- Natural philosophy as a predecessor of natural sciences – correlations and differences.
- The future of interdisciplinary studies (such as geophysics, marine biology, biochemistry, etc.).
- Different ways of preserving food products throughout time.
- The role cryogenics may play in future.
- New branches of science appearing due to the progress of existing ones (extragalactic astronomy, evolutionary biology, biotechnology, etc.)
- Genetically modified products – pros and cons.
- Is cloning the hope of the whole mankind or immoral enterprise that should be banned?
- The history of development the scientific approach has passed.
- Does evolution refutes the creationist theory?
- Conservational biology of parasites – madness or wisdom?
As you may see, natural sciences offer you a wide variety of topics in all their subdivisions. Feel free to use any of the listed above and use this list as a manual to creating your own interesting and new topics. However, the best idea is always to choose the topic that interests you personally.
If you want to see peculiarities of writing in this subject field, you are welcome to the Natural sciences section.
Useful tips on topic definition can be found in Topic selection section.